If we could we would eat oatmeal for breakfast every single day…and we do. It hasn’t always been this way. When we were younger our dad would try to get us to eat oats, but it just looked like boring, white mush, and it tasted like that too. Sorry Dad. But a few years ago we decided to give oats a second try and discovered that adding unique mix-ins can transform the mushy oats of our childhood into an exciting breakfast that is delicious, healthy and satisfying!
This oats combo is our favorite because it combines our obsessive love for berries, coffee and natural peanut butter. It’s got tang, crunch and sweetness. Happy double dipping!
Berry Coffee Yogur-nutter Oats
- ½ cup dry oats
- ¾ cup water
- ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt (we prefer Yoplait brands)
- Drizzle of honey
- 1/4 teaspoon coffee grounds
- Dash of cinnamon
- ¼ cup blueberries, raspberries, blackberries
- 1 tablespoon natural chunky peanut butter (this adds a great crunch)
- Cook oats according to instructions on package.
- Add Greek yogurt, honey, coffee grounds, cinnamon, and berries when oats are almost fully cooked. This cooks the berries slightly so that they explode in your mouth with each bite.
- Spoon peanut butter on top.
- Stir and enjoy the best breakfast ever!
*The sweetness and tang of this breakfast pairs perfectly with a cup of coffee.
Nutrition Info per Serving:
Calories: 327 Carbs: 43g Fat: 11g Protein: 17g Sugar: 10g Sodium: 133mg