Let’s play a guessing game. We’re going to give you five hints to help you guess the mighty mystery ingredient in this smoothie. Ready? Let’s play.
1. It’s rich in folate, fiber and antioxidants which help promote cardiovascular health. It keeps your heart a-pumpin’ and corpusles a-jumpin’.
2. It helps keep your skin looking fresh and glowing.
3. It’s rich in vitamin K which keeps your bones strong and your brain sharp.
4. It boosts your immune system.
5. Popeye the Sailor loves it!
…Spinach! Now please, don’t crinkle your nose like our mom did when we told her what was in this smoothie. The sweetness of the strawberries and banana, the tang of the Greek yogurt, and the chocolate protein powder successfully masks the spinach. Your taste buds don’t know it’s there, but your body will! Try this mighty machine smoothie for breakfast, after a work-out, or for a snack. We made it after our run this morning, and decided to place it in the freezer for 15 minutes and indulge in an icy treat. If you have the self-control to delay drinking this yummy smoothie for 15 minutes, we highly recommend freezing it. But if your mouth starts to water and you must drink it immediately, by all means do so. It will taste just as good. Happy double dipping!
As always, serves 2
- 1 banana
- 4-6 medium strawberries
- 2 cups spinach
- 1/3 cup plain Greek Yogurt
- 2 scoops chocolate whey protein powder
- 10-12 ice cubes
- Dash of cinnamon
Place all ingredients in blender and mix until smooth and creamy. Pour in glass and place in freezer for 15 minutes if you want a delightful frozen treat! Drink and enjoy!
Nutrition Info per serving
Calories: 196 Carbs: 24g Fat: 0g Protein: 28g Sugar: 13g Sodium: 132mg