These cumin and chili powder spiced sweet potatoes and carrots were the perfect side dish to our dinner last night. We dipped them in our own honey mustard concoction and devoured them. (And may have double dipped once or twice!)
Happy double dipping!
Recipe – Adapted from www.ambitiouskitchen.com
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 4 medium carrots
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
Honey Dijon Mustard
- 1/4 cup dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 1/4 cup low-fat mayo (or olive oil based mayo)
1. Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees F.
2. Slice sweet potatoes into 1/2 inch rounds. Slice carrots length wise, into 1 inch pieces.
3. In a medium bowl, combine olive oil, cumin, chili powder, and salt.
4. Toss sweet potatoes and carrots in mixture to lightly coat them.
5. Place potatoes and carrots on separate baking sheets.
6. Cooking time varies between sweet potatoes and carrots. So, place potatoes in oven for 15 minutes. Then place carrots in oven. Continue to bake both potatoes and carrots for 15 minutes. Sweet potatoes should be slightly crisp when done.
7. Serve with dijon honey mustard. Enjoy!