Raise your hand if you had a long week? We just threw our hands up in the air, did you? Good thing it’s Friday, which means it’s time to relax and unwind. Now don’t get us wrong, we love our jobs, but a person can only stare at an excel spreadsheet for so long before all the numbers start to get jumbled (ahh the life of a financial analyst). This salmon dinner was the perfect welcome to the weekend. It was quick, simple, and fresh. And being the finance girls that we are, we’ll throw out a number for you. Total cost per plate: $5.50. What a steal for a quality meal!
We grilled the salmon with fresh basil, tarragon, garlic, lemon slices, and black pepper. We made our plates colorful and served it with roasted beets and broccoli and our new favorite side SWEET POTATOES! This time we coated them with olive oil and paprika. So good! Our weekend is off to a fantastic start. Happy double dipping!
- 2 6oz salmon filets (we used sockeye salmon because it was on sale, but Atlantic is also delicious)
- 1 bunch fresh basil, chopped
- 5 sprigs fresh tarragon
- 4 lemon slices, and extra lemon juice to squeeze on top
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. crushed black pepper
- drizzle of olive oil
- Place salmon on aluminum foil and drizzle with olive oil
- Cover salmon with herbs, lemon slices, garlic, and black pepper
- Grill on low indirect heat for 15-20 minutes
- Serve with your favorite sides and enjoy!