While we were out shopping today, updating our fall wardrobes for BBS Season (blazer, boots and scarfs) we joined a parade. The Parade of Homes that is! We were cruising down a neighborhood street, windows rolled down, belting out the words to Haley Reinhart’s song “Free” (such a sassy song!) and noticed crowds of people walking up and down the street. We got out of the car and followed the crowd into a 2 million dollar home! That’s right TWO MILLION $$$! Can you guess which room we toured first? Yeah, the kitchen…stainless steel appliances, granite counter tops, a center island to serve our guests cheese plates and fancy wine, incredible cabinet storage space for all our gadgets (once we get them), and large windows to allow natural light to flood into the kitchen (so great for blog pictures).
So in ten years when we’re big executives (yeah, we’ll be executives at age 32. Can’t limit our ambition), we’ll each have a TWO MILLION $$$ house. We’ll cook and take blog pictures, and of course share them with you. Life will be great. And in the fall, the sweet aroma of pumpkin spice bread baking in the oven will waft throughout our homes. Mmmmm…
When we got back home we pretended this was real life and made pumpkin spice walnut bread. We already love our (future) lives as big execs. Happy double dipping!
- 2 ripe and soft bananas
- 2 ½ cups pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. ground cloves
- 1 tsp. pumpkin spice
- 2 Tbsp. plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup walnuts chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Using a hand mixer on medium speed, blend bananas and yogurt in a small bowl.
- Reduce mixer speed to low and add eggs until well combined.
- Add pumpkin and blend on low to combine.
- In a large bowl mix the dry ingredients.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir with a spatula or wooden spoon until the batter is well mixed.
- Spray a bread pan with non-stick spray and evenly pour batter into the pan.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes.
- Serve warm, slathered with sweet butter or peanut butter or jam. Enjoy!