It’s spring break time! Do you have a trip planned to escape to a tropical oasis? Or are you like us and still shivering in the freezing cold? We’re not spring breaking it this year…reality of being working girls. But we are dying for some vitamin D and a taste of the tropics. So last weekend we escaped to a sweet retreat with this chocolate coconut avocado mousse, served in a margarita glass and enjoyed while relaxing with friends and listening to the island tunes of Jimmy Buffet. We were truly in Margaritaville.
This mousse is so easy to whip up and can be made a few days ahead of time making it the perfect dessert when hosting a party. Don’t be scared by the avocado. It provides silky, smooth texture without being overwhelming in flavor. The chocolate, cinnamon, and coconut milk are the flavor stars here.
Now for presentation…we got kind of fancy here and served the mousse in margarita glasses. We also added some goodies. You can see the raspberry, dark chocolate chips, and chopped almonds on top, but there’s a surprise at the bottom of the glass. No, not tequila although that is an awesome idea! More dark chocolate chips and raspberries! Our friends loved the surprise. One of them even said she had been saving the raspberry to eat with the last bite and was ecstatic that more awaited! It’s so much fun to surprise your friends!
So if you’re itching for the tropics, invite your friends over, jam out to Jimmy Buffet, and make this mousse. Happy double dipping!
- 4 ripe avocados
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 6 tbsp. coco powder
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 2 vanilla beans or 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 handful raspberries (for topping)
- ¼ cup chopped almonds (for topping)
- 1-2 handful dark chocolate chips (for topping)
- 6 margarita glasses (for serving)
- In a food processor (we used our VitaMix) combine avocado and coconut milk; process until smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients and continue to blend until thick and creamy. Stop occasionally to make sure all ingredients are being fully incorporated, scraping down sides as needed.
- Place a few raspberries and dark chocolate chips in the bottom of each margarita glass. Evenly divide mousse between 6 glasses. Garnish with a raspberry, a few chocolate chips and a sprinkle of chopped almonds.
- Store in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes or until ready to serve. Mousse can be made up to 3 days before serving.
- Savor each bite and enjoy!