We could have called this post peanutbutter-banana-granola-bites-to-make-you-the-office-rock-star because that’s what happens when you make these and bring them to work as a sweet Monday treat.
We shared these delicious and healthy bites with our co-workers today. They were a hit. The perfect 3pm pick-me-up.
So if you’re looking to butter up your boss or just share a treat, these peanut butter banana granola bites are the ticket.
Happy double dipping!
Recipe – adapted from Angela’s Banana Bread Protein Bar Recipe
- 2/3 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup flax-seed flour
- 1/2 cup chopped hazelnuts
- 3 tbsp dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp fine grain sea salt
- 3/4 cup mashed ripe banana (about 2 small-medium)
- 1/2 cup natural smooth peanut butter
- 1/3 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350F and line an 8-inch square pan with 1 piece of parchment paper. Tip – to get the parchment to stick to the pan, give the base a spray with olive oil and do this for the next paper too.
2. Whisk all dry ingredients together.
3. Mash bananas until smooth and measure out 3/4 cup. Stir together the banana and all the wet ingredients in a bowl.
4. Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and stir well until combined. The dough should be very sticky!
5. Roll the batter into bites size rounds, and place on prepared pan.
6. Bake at 350F for 22-26 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown and the bread is firm to touch. Cool in the pan completely (We left it for 1 hour).
7. Bring to work and share with your co-workers. Enjoy!