We’re back in action! We took a break in August to relax, reflect, and take life in. We took a girls trip to NYC, soaked up every ounce of summer at the lake, took up golf, and enjoyed eating out and simple grilling with friends and family. So now we say sayonara summer and welcome to fall.
Our creativity is reinvigorated by crisp mornings, the changing maple tree in our neighbor’s backyard, school buses, and seasonal flavors. We went shopping at Trader Joes on Saturday and the store was exploding with pumpkin. Pumpkin bread, pumpkin ice cream, pumpkin coffee, pumpkins for pie, and our new obsession…Pumpkin Butter! It’s the best thing ever. Seriously. The ingredient label reads: pumpkin, honey, lemon, cinnamon, cloves, ginger, nutmeg. So simple. So Delicious. Incredibly versatile and the inspiration for these three fall chicken recipes. We’re giving you three since we were MIA for so long. Let’s get to it.
Grilled chicken breasts with a pumpkin balsamic glaze. Perfect to ease into fall flavors while still enjoying grilling outdoors.
Slow cooker pumpkin butter chicken stew with onions and garlic. Great for Sunday Supper. Hearty, comforting, and warms the belly. Added bonus…
Use the leftovers in chicken tortilla soup.
Pumpkin butter pulled chicken, corn, red bell pepper, and black beans. Heat from the peppers and chili powder is balanced by sweet corn and pumpkin. This is perfect for lunch boxes and rushed weeknight dinners.
Enjoy these three satisfying meals as you welcome fall. Happy double dipping!
Pumpkin Glazed Grilled Chicken – a Double Dipper original
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 Tbsp. Trader Joe’s Pumpkin Butter
- 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. oregano
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
Pumpkin Dipping Sauce
- ½ Tbsp. Trader Joe’s Pumpkin Butter
- 1 Tbsp. honey mustard
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- Combine pumpkin butter, balsamic vinegar, oregano and pepper in medium mixing bowl. Add chicken and let marinade for 30 minutes.
- Grill at 400 degrees F for about 15 minutes turning once, or until cooked through.
- Serve with grilled sweet potatoes and pumpkin dipping sauce. Enjoy!
Easy Crock Pot Pulled Chicken (spiced up with a Double Dipper twist – Pumpkin!)
- 1 ½ lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. fresh garlic, minced
- 1 cup vegetable or chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp. Trader Joe’s Pumpkin Butter
- 2 tsp. oregano
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- Place chicken on bottom of crock pot. Spread pumpkin butter over chicken. Add oregano, garlic powder, fresh garlic and black pepper.
- Next, layer onions over chicken. Add vegetable (or chicken) broth.
- Cook on low heat for 5-6 hours.
- When chicken is done, gently shred chicken breast using a fork.
- Serve with acorn squash and roasted potatoes. Use left overs in tortilla soup. This chicken is versatile!
Tortilla Soup – adapted from Ambitious Kitchen
Makes 6 servings
- 4 cups of chicken broth
- 2 cups of water
- 1 pound of cooked cubed or shredded chicken breast
- 1 can of corn kernels, fresh, frozen, or canned drained
- 1 can of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (14.5 ounces) fire roasted diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 tablespoon of fresh or canned minced garlic
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper sliced into strips
- 1 green pepper finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 teaspoons of ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons of chili powder
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of oregano
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 jalapeno, chopped
1. Place a soup pot over medium heat and add olive oil. Add onions, green pepper, red pepper, garlic, jalapeno and cook until just tender.
2. Next add chicken broth, water, tomatoes, and cook about 15 minutes or until veggies are tender.
3. Add cooked chicken, corn, black beans, cumin, pepper, chili powder, garlic powder and oregano. Add salt to taste and salsa if you’d like to kick the heat up a notch.
4. Cover and simmer for about 30 minutes stirring every 10 minutes.
5. Serve with tortilla chips. Garnish with cilantro, avocado, or plain Greek yogurt. Enjoy!