Happy Groundhog day! Are you hoping Punxsutawney Phil doesn’t see his shadow so that you can bask in balmy 70 degree weather? Or are you hoping for a shadow and more snow days? Either way, we’ve got you babe with delicious, creamy, and quick over-night-oats!
Side note: please tell us you’ve seen Groundhog Day with Bill Murray. If you haven’t google “name of song that plays every morning in movie groundhog day” right now. The Sonny and Cher reference will make more sense and you’ll realize we’re not calling you babe.
Overnight oats are the perfect on-the-go breakfast for hectic mornings. It’s our go-to for days when we need to get into the office early. The concept has exploded in the blog world over the last year, so we thought we’d join in and share our favorite version.
We combine 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt with 1/3 cup oats, and stir the mixture together so that the oats become soft and creamy after being refrigerated over night. We top it all off with cinnamon, fresh berries, and a pool of almond butter. It’s a sweet, satisfying breakfast to ease the stress of chaotic mornings!
Happy double dipping!
Overnight Oats – make ahead the night before and enjoy in the morning
- 1/3 cup oats (steel cut or rolled)
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup berries (frozen or fresh) – you could also substitute sliced bananas
- 2 tbsp almond butter (or peanut butter)
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- In a container (or bowl, or mason jar) mix oats, greek yogurt, and cinnamon. The oats should be coated in the yogurt.
- Mix in berries
- Top with a dollop (or puddle) of almond butter
- Sprinkle with a pinch of oats and a dash of cinnamon
- Place in refrigerator overnight and enjoy a delicious breakfast in the morning